The college has a unit directly involved in the placement of students for experiential training; as well as for employment through its Work Integrated Learning Program (WIL). Though the office cannot guarantee job opportunities for all students, it is able to source and link students to possible job opportunities, to address the issue of throughput rate and encourage students. The principal requirement is that students must have passed all subjects at all the levels to qualify for placement. Conditions and criteria will be applied to job placement services and students are encouraged to discuss this with the Placement Officer
The College has one Placement Officers who is based at the Central Admin Campus. The fundamental goal is to produce skilled citizen by means of Workplace Based Exposure (WBE).
• To contribute to the skills development growth plan of the province
• To place learners for experiential training in order to obtain their diplomas
• develop an awareness of workplace culture and expectations through WIL
• develop competencies for professional practice
• demonstrate competencies for professional practice
Placement Officers’ Role
• To look after the training and placement activities of students.
• To forge partnerships with industries.
• To collect feedback from the companies where students are placed.
• To arrange training programmes for soft skills and for interview facing skills for the students using institutional and external expertise.
• To organize information sharing sessions with industries.
• To co-ordinate and make site visits, including tracking, recording and monitoring of students while on placement as well as ensuring that QA standards are met.
• Monitoring the suitability of existing placement opportunities; ensuring that all parties involved are aware of their responsibilities.
• To keep an updated database of all students at exit level, i.e. Report 191 N6 Students, NCV – Level 4 Students, Learnership Students and Apprenticeship students.
Who can be registered on our database?
Students who have:
• Completed skills programmes, or
• Completed NCV Level 4 with no outstanding subjects, or
• Completed N6 with no outstanding subjects and
• Has never done in-service training / experiential training.
What are the requirements?
The following documents:
• Copy of certificate or statement of examination results (originally certified copy),
• Copy of ID (originally certified copy), and
• Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
The Placement Unit Contact Details
Placement Officer: Athenkosi Nqikashe