Overview of the National N4 – N6 qualification
The National N4 – N6 programme (NATED) is aimed at post matric students who would like to enter the job market fairly quickly. The courses are aimed at encouraging self employment and at developing students in the practical component of the work environment.
These courses lead to a National N Diploma: after completing N6 theory in the classroom, students need to acquire 18 months relevant, practical work experience, after which they can apply for the National Diploma.
Note: the National N Diploma is evaluated as an M+3 qualification.
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (N4 – N6)
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT (N4 – N6)
- HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT (N4 – N6)
- MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (N4 – N6)
- PUBLIC MANAGEMENT (N4 – N6)
N1 – N3 Engineering Programmes
Overview of the N1 – N3 Engineering Programmes
The N1 – N3 Engineering courses are aimed to address the high skills demand in the country. It is a more affordable study option for learners who want to become artisans or wish to obtain their Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
- Carpentry and Roofing N1 – N3
- Plumbing N1 – N3
- Masonry/ Bricklaying N1 – N3
- Motor Body Repair N1 – N3
- Motor Mechanic N1 – N3
- Welding N1 – N3
- Electrical N1 – N3
Water and Sanitation N1 – N3
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THESE PROGRAMMES ON N1
- Grade 10 (recommended); Science Grade 9
- Mathematics Grade 9 (compulsory)
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMMES
- the duration of each programme is three (3) trimesters per year (one trimester per level).